[CS-FSLUG] Short Survey - On-Line Banking w/ Free Software

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Sat Nov 20 11:58:58 CST 2004

Hi Don,
> (1) How much of a problem is on-line banking for users of free & open
> source software? (scale of 1-5, with 5 being worst case)

	1 (Online banking works with Gecko and KHTML-based browsers).

> (2) What is the biggest problem you've experienced?

	For awhile the system tried to insist that you needed internet
explorer to access the online banking feature, but they fixed that a
long time ago.

> (3) Would you switch to a bank that opened its doors to free software
> users
> (i.e., compatibility with GnuCash, etc.)

	No. Web-based banking is adequate for me. If the web-based online
banking did not work, however, I might consider it... but it would
still be unlikely -- other factors (i.e. branch location, quality of
service, cost of services, etc.) are more important to me than online
banking.

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |