[CS-FSLUG] Short Survey - On-Line Banking w/ Free Software

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sat Nov 20 07:04:06 CST 2004

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, David wrote:

> I've had no problems whatsoever using Konqueror and online banking.
> >
> > (2) What is the biggest problem you've experienced?

My wife uses both Mozilla and Opera for this task on her XP box, and
the latter is better, but both work fine.

> > (3) Would you switch to a bank that opened its doors to free software users
> > (i.e., compatibility with GnuCash, etc.)
>
> I don't know of any banks that are compatible with GnuCash, but I wouldn't
> switch banks just for that purpose.

I agree. With all the other problems I've had from banks, this is a low
priority with me. My current bank allows us to access the online
interface without fee. Most others charge monthly in this area.

It's not a plug, but I use Wells Fargo because of customer service in
general. They don't go looking for ways to remind me that I'm a nobody.
Every other bank I've dealt with in the past decade has made it a point
to treat my family like dirt because we don't use banking services all
that much. This one isn't insulted by my basic distrust of banks.

Ed Hurst
A Bible Site -- http://webs.tconline.net/softedges/
Linux & Unix Help -- http://ed.asisaid.com/
Blog -- http://ed.asisaid.com/blog/