[CS-FSLUG] Why I've NEVER LIKED nor will use Asus!!

listmail at rotundus.com listmail at rotundus.com
Fri Jul 23 12:18:09 CDT 2004

Quoting Brian Derr <bderr at myrealbox.com>:

> Well, I was refering to our prowess at manufacturing.  We used to be a
> world leader in manufacturing.  Now we import everything from just about

It's easy enough to setup a factory elsewhere and just ship the products back.
(eg. the book "Unix Power Tools" which lists for $109CDN, and would probably be
priced at that in the local bookstore, goes for $76CDN on Amazon.ca with free
shipping).  Not having the overhead of the store space and likely fewer
employees more than makes up for the cost.

David