[CS-FSLUG] Why I've NEVER LIKED nor will use Asus!!

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Fri Jul 23 06:32:41 CDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 09:20:04PM -0600, N. Thompson wrote:
> If something were high quality simply because of where it came from then
> explain MS Windows ;-) .

Well, I was refering to our prowess at manufacturing.  We used to be a
world leader in manufacturing.  Now we import everything from just about
everywhere.  Software manufacturing, unfortunately, is just a "get rich
quick" scheme here in America I think.  Why else is most of the
proprietary software developed here so junky and prone to bugs?  Because
they don't care about the customer and just want their dollars.

> BTW. For those Windows defenders among us I don't really hate the product,
> just the fud that Microsoft spews out about Linux when some distributions are
> far better then any proprietary OS I've ever tried. To be honest I also
> dislike how Windows tends to spontaneously stop working but maybe that only
> happens to some people.

Yes, sometimes when I boot into Windows to play games it'll
spontaneously hard reboot.  No idea what is causing; _very_ aggrevating.

Brian

--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7