{PD} [CS-FSLUG] Am I Democrat or Republican?

Aaron Patrick Lehmann lehmanap at cs.purdue.edu
Mon Jul 12 00:06:52 CDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 09:42:22PM -0500, Timothy R. Butler wrote:

> >After reading everyones response, it's still pretty hard.
> >
> >My whole problem is, I just can't bring myself to make someone do
> >something
> >just because I don't think it's right. And I am not the type of person
> >that
> >sever ties with people just because they don't think or believe
> >everything I
> >do.
> >
> >I know for a fact I am a Christian, but I just don't have the type of
> >attitude
> >that makes me what I would say "hard headed". It's just so hard for me
> >to say
> >or feel that "it's my way or no way". Know what I mean?
>
> 	FWIW, I agree about not forcing anyone. That gets no one anywhere.
> 	But I do insist that "no one comes to the father except through [Jesus],"
> as Jesus told his disciples, if someone asks me. :-)
>
> 	As far as abortion, I don't really see that as a religious issue.
> Regardless of what one believes about the human soul (or to some, the
> lack thereof), abortion still stops a beating heart every time.

Slaughtering a cow for beef stops a heart, too.  The question is, is it a human
heart?  The pro-abortion folk would have us believe that the heart is not that
of a human.  That humanity is tied to being born.  Ultimately, this is a line
no less or more arbitrary than the line of conception, and so it seems that the
only reasonable way to get someone to switch demarkations is to get them to
recognize that God drew our line, and to recognize that God is an indiidual who
deserves to be listened to on such matters.  Thereore, it IS a religious issue.

Aaron Lehmann

--
Sometimes you stay the course;
Sometimes the course stays you.