{PD} [CS-FSLUG] Am I Democrat or Republican?

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Mon Jul 12 08:39:53 CDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 21:57, David M. wrote:
> On Sunday 11 July 2004 06:58 pm, Brian Derr wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 04, 2004 at 08:56:55AM -0400, David M. wrote:
>
> Thanks Brian.
>
> After reading everyones response, it's still pretty hard.
>
> My whole problem is, I just can't bring myself to make someone do something
> just because I don't think it's right. And I am not the type of person that
> sever ties with people just because they don't think or believe everything I
> do.
>
> I know for a fact I am a Christian, but I just don't have the type of attitude
> that makes me what I would say "hard headed". It's just so hard for me to say
> or feel that "it's my way or no way". Know what I mean?

David, if it's your way then you have no more right to hold them to it
than they do to hold you to their way. That's the difference, it's God's
way. "Thou shalt not murder" or "You should not murder", depending on
who you are talking to, is not arbitrary. Remember that God holds sin
seriously.

But do not elevate this above other sins or below others either. Sin is
sin. In God's eyes, your hypothetical taking of the Lord's name in vain
is identical to their killing of the child in that the single sin by
itself is able to banish you from the presence of the Jesus Christ and
our Father.

We are called to love that baby, but also to love the Mother and Doctor
who killed it. The baby may be lost and others may be saved, but the
souls of the mother and doctor need to be saved also.

JSR/