[CS-FSLUG] Yet another prayer request

Ed Hurst softedges at tconline.net
Sat Jul 10 13:36:21 CDT 2004

Out here in the boonies in SE Texas, there's no bus, and the trains are
cargo only. My bicycle can only do so much, since the nearest retail
store of any kind is 8 miles.

Not that I'm whining, mind you. I personally have no problem with this,
but my wife either has to pester folks for rides to work, or she has to
quit. I'd be glad to see her retire, but I don't think the church can
afford to give me a raise. For now, other employment opportuities either
do not exist, or the Father says they aren't His will for me.

Make of it what you will, but for now I'm just praying for another
motorized vehicle. Our used Toyota just died -- "threw a rod" is the
expression we use for major part breakage inside the engine. Replacing
the motor is the same as replacing the car in terms of cost. With all
the other mechanical problems in this car, the latter makes sense. The
trick is to find one whose price matches our finances -- which are quite
meager.

--
Ed Hurst