[CS-FSLUG] Yet another prayer request

Jukka Y mail at ylonen.info
Sat Jul 10 15:38:18 CDT 2004

On Saturday 10 July 2004 21:36, Ed Hurst wrote:
> Out here in the boonies in SE Texas, there's no bus, and the trains are
> cargo only. My bicycle can only do so much, since the nearest retail
> store of any kind is 8 miles.
>
> Not that I'm whining, mind you. I personally have no problem with this,
> but my wife either has to pester folks for rides to work, or she has to
> quit. I'd be glad to see her retire, but I don't think the church can
> afford to give me a raise. For now, other employment opportuities either
> do not exist, or the Father says they aren't His will for me.
>
> Make of it what you will, but for now I'm just praying for another
> motorized vehicle. Our used Toyota just died -- "threw a rod" is the
> expression we use for major part breakage inside the engine. Replacing
> the motor is the same as replacing the car in terms of cost. With all
> the other mechanical problems in this car, the latter makes sense. The
> trick is to find one whose price matches our finances -- which are quite
> meager.

 I remember your situation in my prayers. I don't have any motor-vehicle for
myself (lucky to live in a near to my work) but I know what problem they can
be. Just today my brother visited me here in Helsinki when he came to look
for a new used car (he needs car in his work) - old one "died" just when he
started summer-vacation three weeks ago.

Blessings,
Jukka