[CS-FSLUG] Am I Democrat or Republican?

Ed Hurst softedges at tconline.net
Fri Jul 9 11:26:41 CDT 2004

Josiah Ritchie wrote:

> What I mean to say is that the validity of this murder would be harder
> to establish if it was illegal. That said, I think spreading the Gospel
> is more effective than picketing an abortion clinic or Washington. It is
> worth heavy consideration in picking our countries future leaders
> though. We are too often distracted by this world's immorality to
> remember why we are here.

Here, by far, is the most important issue for you and I as Believers. I
agree that it's a canard to argue that abortion should be safe. It's
murder and it should be very hard to do, and should involve tremendous
risks. Murderers (aborting mothers) deserve no more consideration than
we give to terrorists, lynching mobs, etc. That's the Word of God.

Yet all the enforcement in the world will not be redemptive on its own.
If we do not make the message clear, and to some extent, unavoidable, we
have failed. Sporting a bumber sticker with "Abortion is Murder" needs
to be matched by at least one other that says "Jesus Saves Even Murderers".

--
Ed Hurst