[CS-FSLUG] Am I Democrat or Republican?

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Fri Jul 9 09:58:43 CDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 10:40, David M. wrote:
> Here is one thing I debate with myself about abortion:
>
> Q. If abortion were illegal, what is going to happen?
> A. Mothers are going to have their own abortions anyway, in an alley,
> unsterile place or wherever they can think of. So really in my mind it
> doesn't matter if abortion is illegal or legal it's going to happen, and in
> the case of illegal abortion the scenarios are much worse.

I don't think this is accurate. Currently, many children (ok, teens) are
coaxed into abortions by "well-meaning" individuals. I'd much rather see
the majority of those coaxed into adoptive parents arms.

If it's illegal it's harder to convince a mother that she isn't doing
anything when killing off this child. It's also harder to convince her
that the environment in safe. Abortion is dangerous for the mother and
child no matter how you look at it. The result for the child is fatal
and the mother's body, which is expecting a child, is certainly
affected. That doesn't even begin to get into the emotional issues...
</rant>

What I mean to say is that the validity of this murder would be harder
to establish if it was illegal. That said, I think spreading the Gospel
is more effective than picketing an abortion clinic or Washington. It is
worth heavy consideration in picking our countries future leaders
though. We are too often distracted by this world's immorality to
remember why we are here.

JSR/