[CS-FSLUG] Am I Democrat or Republican?

David M. dave at edificationweb.com
Sun Jul 4 08:21:43 CDT 2004

On Sunday 04 July 2004 08:56 am, David M. wrote:

According to this, I must be a Republican, because this is true.

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many
others her age she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat and was
for distribution of all wealth. She felt deeply ashamed that her father was a
rather staunch Republican which she expressed openly.

One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to
higher taxes on the rich & more welfare programs. In the middle of her
heart-felt diatribe based upon the lectures she had from her far left
professors at her school, he stopped her and asked her point blank, how she
was doing in school.

She answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it
was tough to maintain. That she had to study all the time, never had time to
go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a
boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all
her time studying. That she was taking a more difficult curriculum.

Her father listened and then asked, "How is your friend Mary?"

She replied, "Mary is barely getting by", she continued, "all she has is
barely a 2.0 GPA" adding, "and all she takes are easy classes and she never
studies." But to explain further she continued emotionally, "But Mary is so
very popular on campus, college for her is a blast, she goes to all the
parties all the time and very often doesn't even show up for classes because
she is too hung over."

Her father then asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and
ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your 4.0 GPA and give it to her friend who only
has a 2.0?" He continued, "That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and
certainly that would be a fair equal distribution of GPA."

The daughter, visibly shocked by the father's suggestion, angrily fired back,
"That wouldn't be fair! I worked really hard for mine, I did without and Mary
has done little or nothing, she played while I worked real hard!"

The father slowly smiled and said, ......

"Welcome to the Republican Party."

--
David M.