[CS-FSLUG] 'Better get with the program.

listmail at rotundus.com listmail at rotundus.com
Wed Aug 4 22:05:03 CDT 2004

Quoting Fred Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com>:

> Our forefathers weren't queers and drunkards as some public school texts
> instruct.

Here's a thought for you - perhaps not all of "our forefathers" (I'm assuming
that you're referring to those who drew up the US constitution) were perfect!

eg. Titus 3:3 - "For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray,
slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy,
hated by men and hating one another" (RSV)

"I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not
sparing the flock;"
(Acts 20:29)

Revelation 3:1-2 - "And to the angel of the church in Sardis write: `The words
of him who has the seven spirits of God and the seven stars.
"`I know your works; you have the name of being alive, and you are dead. Awake,
and strengthen what remains and is on the point of death, for I have not found
your works perfect in the sight of my God. "

"For we all make many mistakes..."
(James 3:2)

Consider the background of the apostles... who stuck by Jesus' side on the night
prior to his crucifixion? consider what Paul was up to prior to his conversion.
 Consider the life of Moses... of David... of Solomon... (etc).

To me one of the most clear lessons of the Bible is that people, even
Christians, still make many mistakes.

David Aikema