[CS-FSLUG] Nathan

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 22:31:22 CDT 2004

Well,

> I don't know about Fedora, I guess as long as I can
> count on some list
> members to help me out from time to time with it.
> Right now I can't get
> my sound working and I'm still uncomfortable
> compiling my own kernel as
> I always worry I might leave something out that I'll
> need later. Perhaps FC 2 will have my sound working
> without needing to have the latest
> kernel compiled. Which reminds me, I compiled the
> 2.6.5 kernel in Slackware but I still couldn't get
> my sound card working, are alsa drivers separate?

When compiling a 2.6 kernel, there are somethings that
you need to do. You must make sure to select *your*
sound card from the list and make sure that OSS
emulation is selected. OSS must be unselected!!!
Otherwise your sound will fail.

> The drawback for me was no sound, Qt was too old to
> compile one of my projects made in Qt 3.2.1 and I
> couldn't find good apt-sources.

I have all the apt sources you need, and I know how to
use them.