[CS-FSLUG] Nathan

David McGlone dave at edificationweb.com
Tue Apr 27 07:26:54 CDT 2004

On Monday 26 April 2004 09:15 pm, N. Thompson wrote:
> David McGlone wrote:
> >On Sunday 25 April 2004 10:31 pm, N. Thompson wrote:

> >Then since the official release of mandrake will not be available for
> > download for some time, and your hinting that you will go back to
> > mandrake, in the meantime  join me with Fedora core which im running now,
> > until mandrake official comes out.
>
> I just got the announcement from Mandrakesoft that pre-orders were going
> to be available, thats disappointing as I was hoping it would be
> available sooner :-( .

The Club members and orders AFAIK, are ready. But the Download version
probably will not hit the mirrors for a few weeks to a month or two.

> I doubt you'll be able to drag me away from Mandrake

Ok, I will go back to using Mandrake on my primary partition.

> and I've always
> found that when I'm running more then one distribution I end up
> neglecting the other but we'll see how it goes,

Once you neglect the other one is when you find out the one you neglected
isn't for you, so stick with the one you didn't neglect :-)

> I've always thought of
> building my own distro from MDK or something and using the PCLinuxOS
> scripts to make it into my own distro but thats thinking ahead a little
> too far isn't it.

Well it's not thinking too far ahead, it's a goal you can work towards. The
object is to get a working distro for everyday use and do your projects such
as the one above on a seperate partition or computer. This way you have a
working distro for your everyday use and if something goes wrong with your
projects, it doesn't set you back.

David M.