Ramstein -- Aaron's sig was Re: Distro flamewar (was: Re: [CS-FSLUG] Linux success story)

Aaron Patrick Lehmann lehmanap at cs.purdue.edu
Tue Apr 20 18:30:08 CDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 06:34:39PM -0400, Eduardo Sanchez wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 April 2004 18:16, Aaron Patrick Lehmann wrote:
> >
> > Aaron Lehmann
> > --
> > Let me see you stripped...  Let me hear you make decisions, without
> your
> > television.  --Ramstein
> >

> Hi Aaron,
>
> Is your sig a quote of that music band? The other day our TV showed a
> video of the concert of a band named Ramstein. The behavior of the band
> members was awfully disgusting to put it mildly.
>
> Instead of feeling some kind of (deceptively) self-righteous
> indignation, I simply put the TV off and sat there, musing to myself,
> "if there's a band that is so disgusting, then why is that it has a lot
> of fans out there?" because that particular band seemed to have lots of
> fans, or at least that was what I thought from looking at the concert.
>
> So I would put the question to you, Aaron. If your sig is indeed from
> them, what is Ramstein? What is their musical style? What about their
> lyrics? Their history? Why do you think they have a large following?
> I'm just curious, and I wouldn't like to search the web for their
> websites... perhaps the sites are worse than what I saw.

It is a quote from the lyrics of one of their songs.  They are German death
metal band, and that is the only song I've heard of theirs that is in English.
As I don't speak English, its the only song I understand.  I enjoy them because
they are very energizing to listen to, and I use them as background music when
I code.

Aaron Lehmann