Distro flamewar (was: Re: [CS-FSLUG] Linux success story)

Greg Slade gslade at studio.cbbs.org
Tue Apr 20 19:11:13 CDT 2004

> Which reminds me, when was the last time we had a good distro
> flamewar?

When I joined the list, you guys were right in the middle of one, which
didn't to much to convince me that Linux is the way to go, if people
can't even agree on which Linux to use. In fact, come to think of it, one
of the real services which you "installaholics" could do for us newbies
is, when you install each new distro, test it for compatibility with a
set suite of apps which churches are likely to need. At the very least, I
would want to know that OpenOffice, Mozilla, F-PROT for Linux, and those
few church-specific apps I've been able to track down would all work in a
given distro *before* I went to the trouble of installing it and trying
to learn how to make it go.

God bless,

Greg

Greg Slade                              www.associate.com/camsoc/greg/
gslade at studio.cbbs.org                       www.associate.com/camsoc/
Oh, what a tangled website we weave when first we practice.