Ramstein -- Aaron's sig was Re: Distro flamewar (was: Re: [CS-FSLUG] Linux success story)

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Tue Apr 20 17:34:39 CDT 2004

On Tuesday 20 April 2004 18:16, Aaron Patrick Lehmann wrote:

> Aaron Lehmann
> --
> Let me see you stripped...  Let me hear you make decisions, without
your
> television.  --Ramstein

Hi Aaron,

Is your sig a quote of that music band? The other day our TV showed a
video of the concert of a band named Ramstein. The behavior of the band
members was awfully disgusting to put it mildly.

Instead of feeling some kind of (deceptively) self-righteous
indignation, I simply put the TV off and sat there, musing to myself,
"if there's a band that is so disgusting, then why is that it has a lot
of fans out there?" because that particular band seemed to have lots of
fans, or at least that was what I thought from looking at the concert.

So I would put the question to you, Aaron. If your sig is indeed from
them, what is Ramstein? What is their musical style? What about their
lyrics? Their history? Why do you think they have a large following?
I'm just curious, and I wouldn't like to search the web for their
websites... perhaps the sites are worse than what I saw.

Blessings,

Eduardo

--
Prof. Eduardo Sanchez