[CS-FSLUG] SLAX 4.1.1

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Tue Apr 20 11:33:41 CDT 2004

Jerry Van Brimmer wrote:

> [snip]
> That's how I got into Slackware. I tried a slackware-live-cd back
> before it was called SLAX. I loved it, ordered Slackware 9.1 CDs from
> http://www.edmunds-enterprises.com/linux/index.php, installed it on my
> machine and have been very satisfied with it ever since. Slackware is
> solid, fast, and easy to maintain once you learn the Slackware way of
> doing things. Don't expect pretty GUI things, just simple, solid and
> reliable.
>

> Jerry VB

Maybe I could write some pretty GUI things for slackware although I
figure I could just use existing software tools.

Anyway I don't really need pretty GUI things anyway, I've been reading
the "Slackware Linue essentials" book online and if I can find a print
shop somewhere I'm going to see about getting it printed out, after all
its available freely on the internet and its not anywhere to be found in
Chapters indigo.