[CS-FSLUG] article on current mission network news

Greg Slade gslade at studio.cbbs.org
Sat Apr 17 18:07:51 CDT 2004

>> Since I've never taken part in a mission like that I couldn't
>> say how they do it.

> Maybe you could contact them and offer a linux solution to
> their problems. Wouldn't it be fun to travel the world, meet
> real 'we risk our lives everyday' missionaries, check out the
> inner workings of Asian missions organizations and at the same
> time be of invaluable service to God and man? Sounds like a
> groovy gig to me.

This sounds like a good time to bring up the subject of ICCM: the
International Conference on Computers and Mission (www.iccm.org). There
are also several mailing lists sponsored by ICCM, including ICCM-TECH,
where you can act as a sort of remote tech support for missionaries.

God bless,

Greg

Greg Slade                              www.associate.com/camsoc/greg/
gslade at studio.cbbs.org                       www.associate.com/camsoc/
"Our hearts are restless until they find their rest in You."
                                                  - Augustine of Hippo