[CS-FSLUG] article on current mission network news

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Tue Apr 20 00:24:36 CDT 2004

listmail at rotundus.com wrote:

>Quoting Josiah Ritchie <jritchie at bible.edu>:
>

>>Perhaps OS X would be a prime option for this type of market.
>>Usability, but Unix platform security and flexibility. I'm gonna bet
>>Tim wouldn't entirely disagree. How about others?
>>

>Well, Mac OS probably won't run on some old x86 box that someone donated.

When you find a copy of Mac OS X that runs on any x86 let me know ;-)

>If they're buying new boxes though it might be an option.

I'd try Mac OS X myself but when I had working copies of Linux that I
liked I was happier then I probably would have been with Mac OS X.
As for difficulty I think SLAX is easy enough for anyone to use, also
SUSE, Mandrake and FC have freely available copies that are not hard to
install.