[CS-FSLUG] Firewall Roundtable

Nigel Ridley nigel at i-amfaithweb.net
Tue Apr 6 00:39:49 CDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 12:58:07 -0400
Josiah Ritchie <jritchie at bible.edu> wrote:

> I was just curious to see what others were doing for home PCs for a
> solution similar to what ZoneAlarm takes care of for the Windows
> world. I ended up using KMyFirewall as it was simple and took care of
> my needs. I'm still interested in how others do the same thing.
>
> JSR/

[snip]

I'm using Coyote Linux:
http://www.coyotelinux.com/products.php?Product=coyote
it's a floppy distro running on an old P166 -- no hard drive etc.  but
with obviously 2 NIC's -- one to the modem and the other to a hub and
from there to the rest of our small home network.
Piece of cake to set up and no way someone can modify the files on the
floppy (locked of course). It runs in ram so there's no file system to
trash in the event of an unexpected power outage.

Works great for me.........

Blessings,

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com