[CS-FSLUG] Firewall Roundtable

Robert W. robertwo at access-4-free.com
Mon Apr 5 19:44:50 CDT 2004

On 04/05/2004 11:58:07 AM, Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> I was just curious to see what others were doing for home PCs for a
> solution similar to what ZoneAlarm takes care of for the Windows
> world. I ended up using KMyFirewall as it was simple and took care of
> my needs. I'm still interested in how others do the same thing.

I've been using Shorewall, which generates the iptables rules.  No
particular reason.  Mandrake 9.0 installed it by default, and I've
stayed with it.  Though, I do like having text config files for system
spplications like this.

--
Robert W.
robertwo at access-4-free.com

"It is done.  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the
Beginning and the End." -- Revelations 21:6