[CS-FSLUG] Mechanical Keyboard

Nathan Thompson celerate at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 20:31:47 CDT 2014

Hi Tim,

I have a Das Keyboard Model S Pro at home with cherry blue switches, I had
a Das Keyboard with Cherry brown switches that I gave to a co-worker
because for some reason the space-bar would stick for me (left handed) but
didn't have the same problem for my right-handed co-worker. I have a Filco
Majestouch at work with Cherry brown switches, I have a coolermaster at
work with cherry blue switches. I had a Gigabyte Aiva Osmium with Cherry
red switches that I gave to Dad because the shape and size hurt my wrists
horribly, and lastly I have a Matias Quiet Pro on order at work.

My favorite switches are the Cherry brown switches because they have a
tactile bump when the key actuates without making much noise, I would have
to say I'm *not* a fan of the Das Keyboard after my experience with the one
with the sticky spacebar - since then Metadot went to a lower-end OEM than
they were using before, so I don't know what to expect from their keyboards
now.

You may be interested in this very detailed mechanical keyboard Wiki
maintained by an eccentric named Ripster55 on Reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/wiki/index

To recommend a mechanical keyboard it's important to know what your
expectations are first. What in particular do you want from the keyboard?

Regards.

- Nathan T.