[CS-FSLUG] Mechanical Keyboard

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Fri Oct 17 20:19:47 CDT 2014

Friends,
I’m thinking after years of pondering it that I might finally bite the bullet and buy a mechanical keyboard as I prepare to start dissertating. I’m trying to figure out which one to go with. The options that seem most obvious are:

	- A used IBM Model M (problem: none of the modern  function keys would be on it, which would be a pain; noisy).
	- Unicomp Model M with Mac keys (problem: maybe too noisy?)
	- Mathias Quiet Pro (problem: some people complain they die after a few years).
	- Das Keyboard 4 (problem: some people complain the key labels wear off too quickly from use).

Has anyone uses several of these? Can you speak to which one was your favorite? Suggestions on other keyboards, perhaps?

Blessings,
Tim

Timothy Butler
tbutler at ofb.biz

"The best theology would need no advocates: it would prove itself." —Karl Barth