[CS-FSLUG] OT: Online Bank

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sun Mar 24 21:52:50 CDT 2013

On Mar 24, 2013, at 8:41 PM, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:

> Tim, from a security and who has control perspective, you're ALWAYS better off dealing with a local bank, and keep ALL transactions OFF the Net. Call me old fashioned or any other name you want, but I want to do the best I can to secure my funds and who controls them! I don't like dealing with an entity that I don't know, nor having anything of mine "in the cloud"! ANY business who as it's private info. or access to funds there is NUTS!!
>
> 'My 2 cents....have at it!

Fred, you could be quite right, although I figure since one's finances now travel through the cloud whether one likes it or not (think about how most checks are cleared as ACH electronic transfers, for example), I worry less than I use to. "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." :-)

I manage most of my banking and investment stuff online as it is. The only real reason I go into a bank is to make a deposit. I like my bank, although they've gotten on my nerves by switching my legacy accounts to a new type that includes a monthly fee unless I do direct deposits each month. Grrrr...

Blessings,
Tim