[CS-FSLUG] Geeks 4 Christ small group resources?

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Sun Oct 14 14:46:36 CDT 2012

I (virtually) meet with some friends once a week to do online gaming.
I have some friends who physically meet once a week to do board-gaming.
I know of some who do either model rockets or RC airplanes.
Geeks can have a very eclectic bunch of interests, and even a group
where people can share the things they are interested in works well.
A sort-of show and tell system can be a lot of fun.  (At the ICCM.org
conference I attend we have a "contest" where people show off the
missions-geeky projects they have been a part of that year. It is one
of the highlights of the conference.)

I think the key is that, whatever you choose, you make sure that you
do not let the "geeky item of interest" take over the real reason for
the meeting.  Whenever you meet and include something besides Christ,
it has a chance of running off without Him.  But, at the same time, I
think it is awesome to meet with people who share a same interest.

     - Tim Young