[CS-FSLUG] OT: Plunge Deep Into Universalism and Spiritual Formation at a Homeschool Conference?

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Wed Feb 15 06:04:09 CST 2012

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012, Fred A. Miller wrote:

> http://worldviewweekend.com/worldview-times/article.php?articleid=7980

Reading the link, I felt like I was standing next to a couple of fools
arguing over who was more foolish. Reading one's bias back into
Scripture, as the author does, is very common in the US. But grabbing
the whole range of Eastern mystical practices and assuming they belong
with the Bible traditions is equally silly.

It's one thing to be lost in thought; it's another to be lost *from*
conscious thought. Whatever is meant by the phrase "in the Spirit" does
not include unable to think and act. To enter any altered state of
consciousness as promoted by Transcendental Meditation and similar
disciplines is to be rendered unable to think and act. The only time
Scripture comes close to describing such practices are pagans messing
around with demons -- "familiar spirits".

Ed Hurst
--------
Open for Business - http://ofb.biz/
Kiln of the Soul - http://soulkiln.org/