[CS-FSLUG] Upgrade to FireFox 10 - V96, 5

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 09:17:38 CST 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 02:00, Marco Tedaldi <marco.tedaldi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 07.02.2012 12:44, Ed Hurst wrote:
> > On Tue, 7 Feb 2012, Marco Tedaldi wrote:
> >
> So a GUI is ok. But it must not use a lot of ram and cpu power. I need
> that stuff for the applications. And this is where unity and gnome 3 and
> kde suck.
> I'll have to take a look at other window managers.
>
> I like GUIs.  And with 4GB RAM, I don't worry much about KDE being a
resource hog.  If you have 512 MB RAM, that might be a different story.
But I also like KDE's interface and application set.  I love Kontact.  I
think it's awesome.  I think it's superior to Outlook in many respects.
For example, I can navigate between messages with the left & right arrow
keys, and then use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through a message.
No need to reach for the mouse to change focus.

Web browsing with Lynx or Links or whatever is pretty fun for the
experience of it, but really, can you watch Youtube in Lynx?  That said, I
do see great advantages on the command line for many other tasks.  I tried
the mutt thing once.  That did not last very long.  Not that I shouldn't
give it another whirl, but not likely to happen real soon.  :-)

--
D.C. Parris, FMP, LEED AP O+M, ESL Certificate
Minister, Security/FM Coordinator, Free Software Advocate