[CS-FSLUG] Upgrade to FireFox 10 - V96, 5

sjm sjm.mlists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 18:38:45 CST 2012

On 02/09/2012 04:00 PM, Mark Clayton wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 00:52, sjm<sjm.mlists at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> So a GUI is ok. But it must not use a lot of ram and cpu power. I need
>>> that stuff for the applications. And this is where unity and gnome 3 and
>>> kde suck.
>>> I'll have to take a look at other window managers.
>>>
>> You might want to try out LXDE.
>>
> Or Xfce whicj I really like.

 From what I heard, XFCE wasn't really that much lighter than Gnome2 or
KDE, but I haven't checked in a while.  I just did a quick search and
found this pdf which I'll have to take some time to look through:

http://www.pclosmag.com/pdf/Gtk-Xfce-LXDE-SE.pdf

In the overviews, it mentions that XFCE runs well on a Pentium III with
256MB of RAM and LXDE is "even capable of running on a Pentium II with
128MB of RAM.

Let the desktop wars begin... <g>  (or is that only "desktop choice"?)

sjm (vi and LXDE user)