[CS-FSLUG] vcard format? Where can I get simple but thourough info.

Davo Smith christiansource at davosmith.co.uk
Sat Sep 10 12:27:35 CDT 2011

Apologies if you've already considered this, or if it doesn't solve your
problem, but have you considered using Google contacts (inside gmail)?

It works (via the web browser) in Windows & Linux. It already syncs with
android phones. It allows you to search on any field (at least in the
browser - on the phone it is more limited, but there may be 3rd party apps
out there with more powerful search capabilities).

It can also import CSV data (the best way to achieve this is to run an
export, to see the correct format to use, then organise your CSV file to
match).

You could probably also (sort-of) get separate databases by registering
multiple accounts (if you have apps for a domain, you could have several
email addresses that way).

Davo