[CS-FSLUG] OT: Goes along with 1 of our discussions.

davidm at hisfeet.net davidm at hisfeet.net
Thu Oct 20 10:04:55 CDT 2011

I am in complete agreement with what you wrote.  What I am not in
agreement with is the notion that "children are not equipped for
evangelism.  That is not to say that it is wise (or even permissible - if
you really care for your children) to send them to Public Schools.

By the way, I am one of those who "got saved" at a very young age. And I
can well remember at the age of 5 witnessing with passion to playmates.
And I know of many more than one example of children winning their parents
and grandparents to the Lord.

But it is never wise to delegate to the world what God has called His
people to do. Or to recieve help from governments to do it. If governments
so much as give you a break from unlawful taxes, they will surely demand
control sooner or later. If they 'help' us to establish a local school it
will become a government school. If they allow you a 'tax exempt' status
for yuour 'church' meetings, they too will become controlled more and more
by government. Jonadab gave his sons good advice in Jeremiah 35 (see
5-10). See also 2Pet.2:20, and Rom 12:2

Dave McM

> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 8:22 AM,  <davidm at hisfeet.net> wrote:
>> If children are born again into the family of God they are not only
>> equipped for evangelism, but are much better at the basics of it than
>> those who have "matured".  (read "lost their first love".  But the point
>> here is that true evangelism done right is what happens when "the love
>> of
>> Christ constraineth us". Many a child has won another child to Christ
>> without any of the legalistic push to do so from any other authority.
>> Sharing the love of Christ is completely natural for a newborn in
>> Christ.
>> We ought, I say, neither to demand it or inhibit it in our children.
>>

>  -Jon Glass replied:
> You've missed the point. The issue of "not being equipped for
> evangelism" is not the issue, per se. What they are not equipped for
> is the manipulation and subtly of the system's
indoctrination.....................