[CS-FSLUG] OT: Goes along with 1 of our discussions.

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Thu Oct 20 02:20:25 CDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 8:22 AM,  <davidm at hisfeet.net> wrote:
> If children are born again into the family of God they are not only
> equipped for evangelism, but are much better at the basics of it than
> those who have "matured".  (read "lost their first love".  But the point
> here is that true evangelism done right is what happens when "the love of
> Christ constraineth us". Many a child has won another child to Christ
> without any of the legalistic push to do so from any other authority.
> Sharing the love of Christ is completely natural for a newborn in Christ.
> We ought, I say, neither to demand it or inhibit it in our children.

You've missed the point. The issue of "not being equipped for
evangelism" is not the issue, per se. What they are not equipped for
is the manipulation and subtly of the system's indoctrination. If it
were just a one-on-one with other children, that would be one thing,
but public school is _not_ about education, and is not a neutral zone.
It is a system of indoctrination--"schooling" as a form of behavior
modification--behaviorism at its very worst. They will have your child
for 5-7 hours per day, with the weight of an entire system bearing
down on them, undermining the very foundation you are trying to teach
your children, and this starts with preschool, not high school. And
middle school is the worst place of all. I look back on my school days
in the late 70s, early 80s, and think how it was only by the grace of
God I wasn't literally destroyed. I can't imagine how the schools are
today--well, I can, because I see the fruit of it. Worse, Poland, in
the 90s turned toward the US as a pattern for their school system.
Less than 10 years ago, kids in Poland were still children, with all
the innocence that word implies, but today, children are monsters. It
took only one generation of following the US model to destroy an
entire generation of children. No. I would do _everything_ in my power
to not allow my children to be exposed to such evil. If your child
asks you for bread, would _you_ give him a stone? I know that some
families truly believe they have no option but to send their kids to
public school, but if one chooses to do that, one will have to spend
double the time that school has the children to both unteach, and
properly teach the truth. It isn't something you can do once and
forget about it. It will require constant diligence, and even then,
once the child is a young teen ager, the self-centered influence of
their friends will begin to bear a greater weight than your own
influence. And add to that, the simple fact that you can _never_
guarantee the salvation of a child at a young age. I've known many
families whose children "got saved" at the age of 4 or 5, but when
they got into middle school, or high school or college, those kids
rejected their family's belief. There are just so many variables and
unknowns, that I could never in good conscience suggest a believing
family send their children to public schools, and they ought to
carefully consider Christian schools as well. Many of them are just
glorified public schools, with the same educational and world
philosophy as the public schools (manipulative behaviorism).

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"...earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the
saints." --Jude 3