[CS-FSLUG] How could this be happening

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue May 11 22:16:50 CDT 2010

On 05/11/2010 09:52 PM, David McGlone wrote:
>> THAT explains a LOT! Chances are, she gets a new address every time she
>> >  turns the
>> >  RR modem on! Just for giggles, have her run from terminal, sudo
>> >  ifconfig, and have her
>> >  give her password. Lets see if she has a different IP this time.
>>
> When I hear from her, probably tomorrow, I'll investigate more. But at the
> moment, I don't know what is going to happen, because if you read the e-mail
> she just flatly says she wants to uninstall it. I take it as she FIRMLY
> believes her linux install is the culprit and she's dead set on believing it.

Well, try to talk to her. Her ignorance is showing - BADLY - and maybe
you can
get beyond that and maybe you can't. If not, I'm very sorry to say, she
WILL learn
her lesson the hard way. I've run into that with some of my wife's
family. Sometimes
"tough love" is the best way to handle it. ;)

Fred

--
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people,
except for a few public officials." -- George Mason