[CS-FSLUG] How could this be happening

David McGlone david at dmcentral.net
Tue May 11 20:52:21 CDT 2010

On Tuesday 11 May 2010 21:33:31 Fred A. Miller wrote:
> On 05/11/2010 09:18 PM, David McGlone wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > The rest of the page under status says Ok, only the first 7 I included
> > above say they are listed.
> >
> > It's possible since she has dynamic IP, the IP that was assigned to her
> > was blacklisted before she aquired it.
> >
> > She's hardly ever on her computer and always keeps her modem unplugged
> > when she's not using the Internet.
>
> THAT explains a LOT! Chances are, she gets a new address every time she
> turns the
> RR modem on! Just for giggles, have her run from terminal, sudo
> ifconfig, and have her
> give her password. Lets see if she has a different IP this time.

When I hear from her, probably tomorrow, I'll investigate more. But at the
moment, I don't know what is going to happen, because if you read the e-mail
she just flatly says she wants to uninstall it. I take it as she FIRMLY
believes her linux install is the culprit and she's dead set on believing it.

--
Blessings,
David M.