[CS-FSLUG] How could this be happening

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue May 11 20:33:31 CDT 2010

On 05/11/2010 09:18 PM, David McGlone wrote:

[snip]

> The rest of the page under status says Ok, only the first 7 I included above
> say they are listed.
>
> It's possible since she has dynamic IP, the IP that was assigned to her was
> blacklisted before she aquired it.
>
> She's hardly ever on her computer and always keeps her modem unplugged when
> she's not using the Internet.

THAT explains a LOT! Chances are, she gets a new address every time she
turns the
RR modem on! Just for giggles, have her run from terminal, sudo
ifconfig, and have her
give her password. Lets see if she has a different IP this time.

Fred

--
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people,
except for a few public officials." -- George Mason