[CS-FSLUG] Copying files and permissions

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Mon Apr 12 20:21:59 CDT 2010

The issue you have is that NTFS and VFAT filesystems do not have real
Linux permissions associated with them.  So what you are seeing are made
up permissions, usually defined when the filesystem is mounted.  Your
best bet is to manually assign permissions to the files and folders once
they have been restored onto the Linux filesystem.

     - Tim Young