[CS-FSLUG] Confirming Old Complaints

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Fri Oct 16 16:10:49 CDT 2009

On Oct 16, 2009, at 12:04 PM, Ed Hurst wrote:

> Yes, I loved Debian and friends, but I'm not the only one who
> noticed peculiar problems. While Etch was, by far, vastly superior
> to every other release of Debian in my experience, it's pretty much
> dead now. The Ubuntu stuff has never worked for me, mostly because
> of hardware issues and what I consider a totally different
> subculture of expectati

You know, Ed, Ubuntu would probably be a lot more pleasant on your new
machine. You might try the most recent Ubuntu Long Term Support
release on it (not Kubuntu, I'd suggest). The LTS releases would give
you the non-rolling release style you like, and I find Ubuntu offers
the most "just works" and "non-intrusive" functionality of the distros.

	-Tim