[CS-FSLUG] Creating DVD Clips

David McGlone d.mcglone at att.net
Wed May 13 21:38:15 CDT 2009

On Wednesday 13 May 2009 09:04:36 pm Tim Young wrote:
> Davo recommended mencoder (a linux command-line tool). There is also
> ffmpeg and vlc, all of which have the capability to do the snipping and
> re-encoding. The problem is not that Linux does not have the tools, but
> rather that those tools are so powerful and non-intuitive. :( It is one
> of those situations where Linux can do anything, to the point that it is
> difficult to get it to do exactly what you want.
>
> Sometimes, instead of an all-encompasing solution, we just want
> something that does what we want to do, and is simple to use.

Exactly. I just wanted to cut a clip here and there quickly. I didn't want to
have to become an expert on DVD technology. ;-)

I already use the command line for burning Karoake disks from .bin songs and
it's a tedious task. only 1 frontend exsist for it and it doesn't work. :-(

> David McGlone wrote:
> > (snip)
> > I'm kind of upset that Linux lacked something to do this. Unless I
> > couldn't find it.

I just realized I forgot words in the sentence. I was looking for a nice easy
GUI tool. I apologize if the way I said anything sounded mean or harsh.
certainly not my intention. :-)

--
Blessings
David M.