[CS-FSLUG] Creating DVD Clips

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Wed May 13 20:04:36 CDT 2009

Davo recommended mencoder (a linux command-line tool). There is also
ffmpeg and vlc, all of which have the capability to do the snipping and
re-encoding. The problem is not that Linux does not have the tools, but
rather that those tools are so powerful and non-intuitive. :( It is one
of those situations where Linux can do anything, to the point that it is
difficult to get it to do exactly what you want.

Sometimes, instead of an all-encompasing solution, we just want
something that does what we want to do, and is simple to use.

- Tim Young