[CS-FSLUG] Creating DVD Clips

David McGlone david at dmcentral.net
Wed May 13 19:47:08 CDT 2009

On Monday 11 May 2009 9:09:22 pm Fred A. Miller wrote:
> David McGlone wrote:
> > Does anyone know how I can create small DVD clips from a DVD?
> >
> > My brother has a do it yourself DVD of him teaching countertop building
> > and he wants me to put clips of it on a web page, but I don't know how to
> > create the clips. Would anyone by any chance know?
>
> I haven't done it, but I'm sure Audacity could do it for you.

I was under the impression Audacity was for audio only. So I checked into it
and sadly it wouldn't do the job. I finally broke down and started Windows XP
in a virtual machine and used clone2go DVD ripper, then I used windows movie
maker to make the clips into about a 2 minute flash segment.

I'm kind of upset that Linux lacked something to do this. Unless I couldn't
find it.

Blessings,
David M.
http://www.dmcentral.net