[CS-FSLUG] FYI: Debian Runlevels

Stephen J. McCracken smccracken at hcjb.org.ec
Thu Jan 29 20:38:39 CST 2009

> Don, I don't know what xwindows utility Debian uses....sax2 maybe? Whatever
> it is needs to be run after the system comes up....use init 3 and will
> be konsole.

If I recall correctly, Debian doesn't predefine many of the runlevels
like Fedora/RedHat or SUSE do.  I think it leaves it up to the user to
define what the levels mean. (I'm running runlevel 2 on Ubuntu right now
in graphics mode which would be runlevel 5 in the RedHat world.)

Not to be picky, but konsole runs under KDE.  I think you mean console.

sjm