[CS-FSLUG] [PD] Are Democrats to Blame for Gun Control? (was They have started already... HR6257 To Reauthorize the Assault Weapon Ban)

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sun Nov 16 17:57:00 CST 2008

David McGlone wrote:

[snip[

> This shows that some people will vehemently back their party up whether they
> are right or wrong, and that is sad when it comes to American Democracy.
>
> In my eyes, the guys that reintroduced this bill are the "bad apples" of the
> Republican party and that is what I think Fred should have acknowledged
> instead of flatly blaming the Democratic party as a "whole". This is why I
> mentioned "totalitarianism".
>
> All in all, I think, I and all the Conservative Democrats on and off this list
> are owed an apology.
>
> But, like I mentioned above, there are some people that have such a "closed"
> mind and are too stubborn to admit fault, and listen to reasoning. That is why
> I believe an apology will never come.

First, there are bad RINOS in the party who should be voted out. Second,
I don't care who sponsored or cosponsored the bill. Liberals, MOSTLY
demos. are in control and THEY will be the ones who pass it. There are
some conservative demos, but VERY FEW, because most can't support the
party platform, if for no other reason.

Fred

--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong
enough to take everything you have.

   -Thomas Jefferson