[CS-FSLUG] Correction of misinterpretation.

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Thu Nov 13 22:47:20 CST 2008

> So do I. One of the problems with the reformation was than in an
> effort
> to rid themselves of the Roman church, which granted had become
> corrupt,
> they threw out the baby with the bathwater. Thus, there IS, IN FACT, a
> great deal of liturgy carried from the VERY early church into the
> Catholic, and Eastern/Western Orthodox AND Anglican as it once was in
> England and is now in other parts of the world. I wish I knew a great
> deal more about this period of history, but I don't.....I find it all
> very interesting.

	Yes. One of my passions is to see the liturgy revived in places it is
being forgotten. I personally believe one of the positive effects of
post-modernism is that it is causing people to appreciate -- and,
perhaps, even yearn for -- the liturgy.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in.
Editor, OfB.biz   |  Aim at earth and you get neither."
tbutler at ofb.biz   |                                   -- C.S. Lewis
timothybutler.us  |