[CS-FSLUG] Correction of misinterpretation.

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu Nov 13 22:34:06 CST 2008

Timothy Butler wrote:

>>>    Michael, as I invited you to do off list; if you believe your
>>> position to be Biblical, then please show us how it is Biblical.
>>> Ultimately, Biblical would mean it is Scripture and be the plain reading
>>> of Scripture, right?
>>>
>>>    As to Fred's post, I'm guessing by Orthodox he is referring to the
>>> Eastern Orthodox church, given the capital "O."
>>
>> Western, and Anglican, which is pretty much the same, evangelicals have
>> the same view. "Anglican" DOESN'T mean as in what comes from
>> Canterbury. ;)
>
>     True, true. I just was interpreting your big "O" Orthodoxy vs.
> little "o" orthodoxy. Were you just talking about generic orthodoxy?

Yes.....I know a number who are "orthodox" so "generic" would be a good
term. ;)

>     In any case, it made me smile. I have a special fondness for the
> Orthodox church, though I'm just your average, run of the mill wannabe
> Presbyterian. ;-)

So do I. One of the problems with the reformation was than in an effort
to rid themselves of the Roman church, which granted had become corrupt,
they threw out the baby with the bathwater. Thus, there IS, IN FACT, a
great deal of liturgy carried from the VERY early church into the
Catholic, and Eastern/Western Orthodox AND Anglican as it once was in
England and is now in other parts of the world. I wish I knew a great
deal more about this period of history, but I don't.....I find it all
very interesting.

Fred

--
"Politicians and diapers need to be changed
regularly -- and for the same reason."