[CS-FSLUG] 3 Eternal Destinies not 2

Stephen J. McCracken smccracken at hcjb.org.ec
Wed Nov 12 14:02:48 CST 2008

Keli of Coxsackie wrote:
> sorry.. please read my email at the time 10:51AM

Bringing this back on list for the archives.

>> as for Romans 3:10...  Do you really want to go there and take that
>>  out of context? None righteous - the Bible speaks of many..

> as for Romans 3:10...  Do you really want to go there and take that
> out of context? None righteous - the Bible speaks of many -
> seriously..

> here is an interesting website - written from a christian perspective
> on it..
> http://www.eternalsecurity.us/there%20is%20none%20righteous.htm

Have you actually read that website?  It seems to contradict what you
are saying.  It says:

> A little further on it says, “For there is no difference, for all
> have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” So, we see that it
> is simply showing forth man’s condition in ‘his unregenerate or
> sinful state.

and

> In all of these places the context makes it plain that the reference
> is to the unregenerate people.

Explaining that there is none righteous before they are regenerated by
the blood of Jesus Christ.

And as to your other message that just went through and quoted Bible
verses that had the word "righteous" in them (did you blindly go through
a condorance or Bible program?) how is that an answer to my questions of
how your ideas mesh with Romans 3:9-12 and 1 John 2:23-29?

A whole list of verses that have the word "righteous" in them doesn't do
any good.  I don't think anyone is saying that there isn't such a thing
as a righteous man, but that no one, in their unregenerate state (before
being saved by the blood of Jesus) is righteous.  But you, on the other
hand are saying that everyone (even in their unregenerate state) is born
righteous.

To give credance to your ideas, please explain how each of those verses
applies not to those that are saved by God, but to everyone that is born
(as you have said that "everyone is born righteous").

sjm