[CS-FSLUG] 3 Eternal Destinies not 2

Stephen J. McCracken smccracken at hcjb.org.ec
Wed Nov 12 12:02:07 CST 2008

Keli of Coxsackie wrote:
> 2 distinct groups.. One heard the gospel and one did not.. One can
> only be declared HOLY on the basis of his blood! As for the Nations
> read Revelations.. OR check out the website or pdf I referenced..

Ok, I took a quick look at the pdf and scanned through some parts.  I
don't see where you get this part:

> 	The Righteous
>
>      All people are born
> righteous. God is righteous,
> and every person is created in
> His image. This is where a person
> begins: innocent and pure.
> Although all people are born with
> a tendency to sin, they are also
> born with a conscience and the
> ability to obey it. This takes an act
> of the will. It takes determined
> effort.

Personally, I don't see how someone can be born righteous and at the
same time have a tendency to sin.  The conscience is a condemning force
showing us when we do wrong, but by then we are already on the sinful
side of the equation.

Also, how does this mesh with Romans 3:9-12?

> Romans 3:9-12 ESV  What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at
> all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are
> under sin,  [10]  as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one;
> [11]  no one understands; no one seeks for God.  [12]  All have
> turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good,
> not even one."

Here is says that "None is righteous, no, not one" and your pamphlet
says that everyone is born righteous?  Which is it, everyone is born
righteous or that no-one is righteous?

Also, I don't see how it meshes with 1 John 2:23-29:

> 1 John 2:23-29 ESV  No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever
> confesses the Son has the Father also.  [24]  Let what you heard from
> the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning
> abides in you, then you too will abide in the Son and in the Father.
> [25]  And this is the promise that he made to us--eternal life.  [26]
> I write these things to you about those who are trying to deceive
> you.  [27]  But the anointing that you received from him abides in
> you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his
> anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no
> lie--just as it has taught you, abide in him.  [28]  And now, little
> children, abide in him, so that when he appears we may have
> confidence and not shrink from him in shame at his coming.  [29]  If
> you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that everyone who
> practices righteousness has been born of him.

Here it seems to me to say in verse 29 that the only ones who practice
righteousness are ones born of "him" (the Son, Jesus).  How do you see
that there might be others that are righteous when the Bible says that
the only ones who practice righteousness are the ones born of Jesus?

Please enlighten me.

sjm