[CS-FSLUG] Study Bible

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Tue Nov 11 00:37:45 CST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 6:21 AM, Timothy Butler <tbutler at ofb.biz> wrote:

>> So is the Holy Spirit given to those who obey or disobey?
>
>        To those who disobey, because you aren't going to find anyone who
> obeys.

Bingo. The Holy Spirit is given, in part, because we _cannot_ obey
without His indwelling presence, empowering and guidance. The above
comment almost sounds like one must become perfect before the Holy
Spirit can indwell.... that's contrary to Scriptural teaching, and I
hope that this wasn't what was intended to be said.

>> Are you a Nicolaitan?
>
>        From the moderator: No need to toss around heretical titles against
> your brother in the faith. That will not help the discussion. Please
> refrain.

Of course, the greater irony here is that labeling is that it is
contrary to showing that "the love of the Lord has been poured out",
so to speak. I hate to point it out, but that's how it came across to
me...

Now, as to answering the original question. Charles Ryrie is a humble,
godly man, and his study Bible is excellent, IMO. He is a man who
exemplifies what he writes, teaches and preaches.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland