[CS-FSLUG] Study Bible

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Mon Nov 10 23:21:05 CST 2008

On Nov 10, 2008, at 9:03 PM, Keli of Coxsackie wrote:

> You can not have "total submission to the teachings of the Bible
> itself "
> without "living a Holy Life"
> So is the Holy Spirit given to those who obey or disobey?

	To those who disobey, because you aren't going to find anyone who
obeys.

	Unrighteous certainly can offer truth. "He causes his sun to rise on
the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the
unrighteous" (Matt 5.45).

> A murderer or adulterer with good doctrine CAN NOT have the Holy
> Spirit..

	I respectfully disagree. Murder is no worse than the lie that each of
us has probably let slip in the last year, month or week.

> Are you a Nicolaitan?

	From the moderator: No need to toss around heretical titles against
your brother in the faith. That will not help the discussion. Please
refrain.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "The theologian who labors without joy is not a
Editor, OfB.biz   | theologian at all. Sulky faces, morose thoughts
tbutler at ofb.biz   | and boring ways of  speaking are intolerable in
timothybutler.us  | this field."
                                                       -- Karl Barth