[CS-FSLUG] Linux on Core Duo MacBook

Jason P. Franklin pastor.jason at westwoodbf.com
Sat Nov 1 17:23:27 CDT 2008

> 	Hey, your OS is paid for too -- might as well use it, right?
>
> 	I'd ask a larger question though: pretty much every technology
> company I know of -- Linux, Mac, Windows or internet oriented --
> tends to lean very liberally in whatever politics they admit to.
> Google, Microsoft, Apple, etc., all have been that way. I wonder how
> much a user can really escape it. I guess one can refuse to donate
> to the Linux distro they use, of course...
>
> 	I've never been quite sure of the proper response to these things,
> admittedly. For the moment I'm sitting tight using my Apple
> products, keeping my Apple stock and continuing my business
> relationship with Google. I don't like it, though. Of course, since
> they aren't Christians, I'm not sure I should be so worried about
> it. They are the world to which I am suppose to be a witness.
>
> 	Thoughts?
>
> 	-Tim

Shooting from the hip here...

A case can be argued to keep using the products I've already paid
for.  I can't say I can create a decent case against that.  My
displeasure at this move by Apple is so great that I'm having
difficulty even in using the hardware.  I cannot afford to replace my
hardware, so I must continue in its use.  Software, however, is more
easily replaced.

Perhaps the reason for my vehement abhorrence is my work here in
Westwood.  I see so very clearly and painfully what happens when men
and women fail to live in God's image as they were created to do.  My
love for the Church is so great that ecclesiology and soteriology
cannot truly be separate but are intertwined.  Marriage then, as a
metaphor of Christ's relationship with the church, is something that
is absolutely sacred.  It is not to be messed with.

Secondarily is the frustration in understanding that this proposition
shouldn't even be needed.  The voters of California already decided
they wanted Marriage to be a union between a man and a woman.  A few
Liberal judges over-ruled a decision by the majority of California's
citizens.  This move made a mockery of the democratic process in
California.  The media has conveniently left that out of the news.
Apple, Google and other companies are supporting a usurpation of the
people's power to govern themselves and supporting a move made by a
liberal oligarchy.  I am therefore politically opposed to this move as
well.

So, I'm afraid I cannot, in good conscience, continue to use Apple.  I
wish I didn't need to continue using the hardware.

--Jason P. Franklin