[CS-FSLUG] Network storage

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Sun May 25 21:41:33 CDT 2008

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've got a QNAP TS-109 Pro II on order,
and it should be arriving within 5 days.

I chose this model after finding out that although it does have a fan in
it, this II model that I ordered was revised to have a much quieter fan
than originally, and because the price of a NAS that would back up
itself to an external drive + an external drive was too close (sometimes
even higher than) the price of a dual-drive NAS enclosure.

If I have any complaints about the model I'll be sure to mention it
here; however, I'm crossing my fingers hoping for seamless compatibility
with Mac OS 10.5, Windows Vista, and Ubuntu 8.04. It's a significant
investment, but over the last few years I've been serious about keeping
good back-ups and that's paid for itself already.